We’re supporting The Real Bread Campaign in their celebration of 10 years of Real Bread Week!
#RealBreadWeek runs from Saturday 24 February to 4 March 2018.
An annual initiative of the international Real Bread Campaign, the aim of Real Bread Week is to celebrate additive-free loaves and the people who make them.
We are proud to bake loaves that are 100% free of artificial additives of any kind!
During Real Bread Week 2018:
- You’ll be able to sample tasters of a different loaf every day during the week – including sourdough, white tin, rye, multigrain, focaccia – and on Saturdays, Maslin! This is the perfect opportunity for you to try something new if you always go for the same loaf when you visit us!
- We will have bread soups for lunch! If you’re feeling inspired and want to make your own bread soups then we recommend this Chickpea, Tomato and Bread soup by Ottolenghi or this Spiced Chickpea and Sourdough Starter soup by Hobbs House Bakery
- We will have beautiful riso-printed posters proudly saying ‘I Loaf Real Bread’ available for you to take home and put up and display (if you do – please take a photo to show us!) printed by The Holodeck our local printers
- Come and have a look at our bookshelves in the shop – we have a number of great real bread books available to buy including ‘Slow Dough‘ published by The Real Bread Campaign
- You might not know but we also sell bread-baking equipment and flour (£1 per kilo) and yeast. Bring your own tub!
- If you bring a pot you can get some of our starter for free so that you can try making your own sourdough!
Real Bread Campaign coordinator, Chris Young, says: “Real Bread bakeries like Loaf’s play a really important role in their local communities, providing not only great, all-natural food but also helping to keep the high street alive. Real Bread Week is a great chance for everyone in the area to get along to show their support and help to make sure that they don’t lose such a valuable asset.”
The Real Bread Campaign is part of the food and farming charity Sustain: the alliance for better food and farming. Starting from basic definition of Real Bread as made without any artificial additives, the Campaign’s mission is to find and share ways to make bread better for us, better for our communities and better for the planet.
People can find full details of #RealBreadWeek, discover local Real Bread bakeries and classes, and learn about the Campaign and how to join it and enjoy a range of special offers at: realbreadcampaign.org