It’s about time Birmingham started celebrating it’s food hero’s, after all we’re one of the country’s top food destinations now with a big fine dining scene, and a growing grassroots local food scene. So, in the vein of B:iNS’s ‘Brummie of the Year’ competition, we thought we’d have a bit of fun and run an annual award for the best independent food business in Birmingham.
Here’s the rules:
1. ‘Food Business’ – is very loosely defined – any business or organisation working in the food or drink industry in Birmingham – retailers, producers, restaurants, farmers market, coffee shops, cookery schools etc etc…
2. Birmingham means under the jurisdiction of Birmingham City Council, so includes Sutton Coldfield but not Solihull. Business should either be based in Birmingham, or do virtually all their business in Birmingham.
3. Independent means no more than three owned-outlets anywhere.
4. To nominate, a single comment is required on this blog post.
5. Nominations are open from now until Boxing Day.
6. Voting will then commence until New Years Day.
Any suggestions of refinements of these rules are welcomed. Loaf is excluded from the competition for reasons of impartiality.
the winner gets a 3 month small ad on this website for free and a little logo for their own website and promo materials – if anyone wants to design one in return for a couple of loaves of sourdough, please get in touch (tomATloafonline.co.uk), otherwise i’ll knock one up with my limited design skills!
Get nominating (remember only one comment needed to nominate a business – voting opens on boxing day)…