Join Loaf for a fantastic pork butchery and charcuterie experience. The course is led by experienced cook and charcuterie enthusiast Lap-fai Lee, with a pig butchery demonstration from Bournville’s organic butcher Steve Rossiter. This day long course will take you through options for creating amazing charcuterie, as well as fresh pork dishes, from almost every part of the pig. You’ll also be creating your own porky lunch in the middle of the day.
During the day you’ll be learning:
– How to butcher a half-pig into primals, and de-bone as necessary
– How to make guanciale from the cheeks
– How to make pancetta from the belly
– How to make back bacon from the loin (theory)
– How to brine a ham (theory)
– How to make and link fresh sausages
– How to make dry cured sausages such as salami and chorizo.
The course takes place on a weekday from 9.30am to 4pm at Loaf HQ in Stirchley, south Birmingham. We run the course from autumn to spring. You’ll feel right at home at Loaf, and everything you learn will set you up for impressing your friends and family with your new found skills at home. All refreshments, equipment, recipes and aprons are provided.
The fee includes lunch and a take-home piece of charcuterie and fresh pork. Use the calendar below to find and book a suitable date and add to your basket, and pay via the checkout. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Please note, this course is not suitable for Vegetarians or Vegans. Please email us if you need to know more about the allergens in this course.
* Due to the seasonal requirements for this course, please note that it will only run from October through to March*